Common Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
• Tingling in the body and brain region. Also sometimes described as ants walking, tickling energy or flushes of energy.
• Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations
• Heat or cold in the system, or running along various channels and chakra centers.
• Fluttering or twitching of muscles, cramps or spasms.
• Pinching or burning in various regions of the body or brain.
• Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns
• Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)
• Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest
• Digestive system problems
• Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)
Uncommon Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
• Pressure in the Third Eye Region (Ajna Chakra). This is pressure, tingling or other sensation in the center of the forehead. Can go on for years. Caution: If the pressure, due to certain practices, intensifies to uncomfortable levels you feel are "immense", you should cease that practice and consult a competent kundalini yoga teacher.
• Sudden bursts of energy anywhere in the body. These are almost always short lived, from a few seconds to a few minutes.
• Spontaneous yoga asans or kundalini yoga movements. They may come on spontaneously, or they may take over, as if on auto-
• Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)
• Kundalini Shakti rising up and elongating the spine.
• Incredible feeling of love and desire for your partner (not ordinary lust, alcohol induced or otherwise :-
• Diminished sexual desires
• Unfortunately, pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-
• Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression
• Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.
Rare Kundalini Awakening Symptoms
• Experience of divine light within. Very intense light, usually pure white and incredibly beautiful. I call it the Radiation of the Lord.
• Tremendous vibratory energy (sometimes feels like it’s coming from the inner ears). Very blissful, but can intensify to the point where it would completely overwhelm your consciousness if you let it.
• Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion. Intensely pleasurable.
• Complete paralysis of the body. Complete immobility and rigidity takes place. As with the all consuming vibratory energy, it requires some courage to allow.
• This one is exceedingly rare. The arms and legs churn like that of a baby. It happens naturally and cannot be simulated. It is also intensely pleasurable and quite a remarkable experience.
• Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -
• Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.
• Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating
• Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-
• Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-
• Increased creativity: new interests in self-
• Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)
• Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness